A delightful dish that brings together the earthy sweetness of fresh beets and the lusciousness of whipped tahini to create the perfect small plate or appetizer. We recommend crafting this festive dish with a cutlery set you can depend on. For the special moments in your home, our professional high-end kitchen cutlery has been designed to see you from farm to table and every moment in between, especially for a dish like Emily Harkavy’s Beet Carpaccio.
- 3 medium to large-sized beets (an array of sizes and colors makes for a nice presentation)
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Whipped Lemon and Honey Tahini:
- ½ cup Tahini
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup honey
- Using a mandolin or a precision-sharp knife, very thinly slice the fresh raw beets and set aside in a bowl
- Add olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and red wine vinegar to the beets
- Toss until mixed together and let sit
- In a blender add tahini, lemon juice, honey, and olive oil and blend on low until fully mixed
- Add in garlic and salt and blend some more switching to the medium/high setting
- You will know it's done when the mixture becomes light in color and creamy in texture
- On a platter or wood cutting board spread whipped tahini until a medium layer has been formed
- Gently lay seasoned beets in layers until you’ve created a beautiful spread!
- Garnish with roughly chopped parsley and some salt and serve!
From prep to serving, nothing brings a chef-level experience to crafting festive, creative dishes quite like custom kitchen knives. Benchmade CSTM. cutlery features SelectEdge® innovation with precision engineering, premium materials, and American manufacturing making them the perfect knife set for your kitchen. With our LifeSharp® warranty take the next cut with Benchmade and experience a life-long knife that will create memories for the years to come.